WHO IS HATDEX?
HAT Data Exchange Ltd's (HATDeX) is a commercial enterprise spun out from the HAT research project tasked to build the decentralised HAT Platform. From 2015-17, HATDeX built a suite of products (the HATDeX Technology Suite) to assist organisations in benefiting from decentralise personal data storage, processing and exchange by giving their own customers a ‘private data account’ i.e. HAT private micro-servers.
HATDeX operates under licence from the HAT Community Foundation, a members’ organisation that sets the top-level requirements for the trust framework. HATDeX and HATCF together form the 'HAT Foundation' acting in the community interest to regulate, grow and manage the HAT platform.
HATDEX is responsible for:
- Ensuring that services on the Ecosystem are interoperable between all HAT owners and HAT Providers
- Ensuring data exchanges between all entities in the ecosystem are speedy, secure and smooth
- Providing metadata services to grow and facilitate data exchanges
- Being a HAT Provider as the 'best practice' implementation of the Baseline Technology, improving the HAT Dashboard
- Enabling and supporting new cross application functionalities, data exchanges, data repositories, views, analysis and intelligence for HAT owners.
- Maintaining and updating the open sourced HAT baseline technology
How HATDeX technology suite of services work:
Using HATDeX Technology Suite of cloud services, you can:
- Become a HAT Provider and issue private data accounts to your own customers. This could be easily done within your organisation's app.
- Your customer can:
- Claim their own data with external data plugs
- Gain private insights from algorithms “AI” tools. Create "Augmented Intelligence" for their own decisions
- Give data to your app through a data debit that could signal their preferences, interests, priorities and contexts so you can personalise and recommend your services to them
- Verify actions that your customers have performed through their digital action data going into the HAT
Create an open and transparent relationship with your customers
Have a direct relationship with your customers and the data you don’t have:
- Acquire personal data and data signals that are dynamic, on-demand and real time so that you can match your services to when they need it
- Direct relationship with customer, with trust
- Pay only for the data and data signals you acquire
Direct-from-own-customer source of personal data
Give your own customers private "micro-server" data accounts
We built the Milliner™ service to help organisations provision HATs from their own cloud infrastructure and to become trusted HAT service providers. Our white-labelled, open-sourced HAT dashboard and iOS app lets your customers view their HAT data with your own brand, logo and colour. All set up for you, within a week.
Fully scalable, one set of APi's of any-data-combination with insights
Let your own customers signal their intentions to you
HATs can call on functions in the 'Smart HAT Engine'. HAT Providers have no access to the data but they can onboard specialist tools and functions that transform HAT data privately and request these insights and signals through the usual data debit. Privacy first. Rich and accurate real-time on-demand signals.
Your own organisation's data is precious.
Be a multi-sided market for your data, combined with your customer's HAT data
Our DEX service lets companies create an exchange platform for all types of personal data e.g. being a Health personal data exchange, a Financial personal data exchange, linking companies with HAT owners and create new revenue streams for the benefit of both sides. Ideal channel to unlock the potential of IoT data, with full control and cooperation of customers themselves.
Data acquisition made transparent
Directly acquire data from HAT owners
DataBuyer sits on the DEX service and lets organisations such as universities and researchers offer benefits for data and even future data, influencing and verifying digital action through data. DataBuyer is a new model for data acquisition, one that is based on complete transparency, direct communication, and fair reimbursement.